One of the most exciting times in your life can be deciding to buy a new construction home. Here at New Home Inc., we know that choosing the right new home floorplan and new home designs depends on how you use your home and how it fits with your lifestyle. From the size and shape, to where the rooms are located in relation to each other, every part of the home can affect your experience, so knowing what you really want is crucial. We have five tips for choosing the right floorplan for your new home in the Raleigh area.
Choosing the Right New Home Floor Plan
1) Figure out what size of new home designs will best suit your new construction home needs.
Choosing a new home floorplan should start with how you envision living in your new home, what type of layout works best, and how you would use each space. Though important, square footage should be your secondary consideration. How many sleeping spaces do you need? Could a guest room double as an office or home gym if it won’t be used often? Do you need a certain amount of storage space? Think about the space you wish you had (or don’t need) now and prioritize your most important needs.
2) Choose a floorplan based on your lifestyle.
Every family has their own style, so choosing a new home floorplan that meets your needs is essential. Do you work from home and need an office? Do the kids need a rec room? Do you prefer to exercise at home, rather than the gym? How about a multi-purpose, flexible space that can change as your family grows? Think about the space you need to be comfortable based on your daily activities.
3) Trust your instincts on what “feels” right when choosing a new home floorplan.
All of us know when a space feels comfortable. Take these instincts into consideration when looking at different floorplans. Someone with children may want the primary bedroom up with the other bedrooms. Others may prefer for the primary bedroom to be downstairs, separated for quiet and privacy.
4) Be honest about your needs and lifestyle for your new home designs.
Preferred features in a home differ depending on what stage of life you are in. Before choosing a home design, ask yourself:
- Is your family situation changing, either growing or shrinking?
- Will you need guest rooms for overnight visitors?
- What about additional living space for visiting parents or grandchildren?
- Are you approaching retirement? Should you choose a plan that’s great for aging in place?
- How do you entertain? Do you need a space to prep food and hide the mess? Do you want formal spaces or more relaxed gathering rooms?
- Do you travel frequently and need a safe place for deliveries or a smart home system that you can control from anywhere?
5) Don’t forget workspace considerations.
Are you working from home more these days or even full-time? Do you have any hobbies or special interests that might require special rooms to enjoy them? Do you need lots of attic or storage space to store your treasures?
Answering these questions honestly will ensure that you choose the right new home floorplan for your lifestyle now and into the future. For inspiration, you can view our complete floorplan collection HERE. If you need help narrowing it down, just contact us!